FOR TEACHERS AND STUDENTS
There can be a belief that props make Yoga "easy" and they somehow lessen a practice. In this workshop you will learn how props can create not only a stronger, more body aware practice, but also an accessible practice that assists all different body types, builds, ages and abilities to either access poses they never could, build more power in a pose or experience muscles they have struggled to involve.
Join us for an exploration of how to use props in both your active and passive yoga practices. Knowing how to properly use props will allow you as student or teacher to:
- Maintain an alignment that supports bodies
- Provide support when learning new poses, building strength and flexibility
- Increase comfort and release tension
- Proactively prevent injuries
- Support existing injuries in the healing process
- Makes yoga accessible to all
- Discussion about usage of props.
- Active asana practice using props
- Passive yin practice using props
- Any yoga practitioners who would like to learn how to use props to enhance their yoga practice.
- Yoga teachers who are looking to understand additional ways to support their students. If you are a yoga teacher, this workshop counts 3 hours towards your Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Units.
Props or materials for students to bring:
· Rice bag
· Eye pillow or wash cloth
· Water bottle
· Mat if needed
· 2 x 3inch foam blocks per person
· Shallow block (chip foam block)
Beverly Akhurst ERYT 500, YACEP
Saturday March 18th, 2018 1:00-4:00 PM
$65.00 + GST
MAXIMUM participants 12
Hours count as 3 Continuing Ed. Units for registered Yoga Teachers